I originally made this quiz with my First Grade Sunday school class in mind. The quiz features 26 questions and each answer starts with a different letter of the alphabet. I put a word list at the bottom–all the answers in alphabetical order–as a help.
With perhaps the exception of the Ecclesiastes verse, all of the questions come from stories we had talked about in First Grade Sunday school. Nevertheless, I never ended up using this because I decided it was probably too hard for the first graders.
Note that even though I call it a “quiz” I meant to use it as an opening activity for a fun review, not a stressful “test.”
I am curious what age group at your church (if you go to one) you think this quiz would be appropriate for. How did you do on the quiz? I’ll leave some white space between the questions and the word list in case you don’t want the extra clues.
Answers on page 2.
Alphabet Bible Catalog
- I was almost sacrificed by my father Abraham.
- I was raised from the dead by Jesus.
- I was the wisest human king ever!
- I was the first man ever!
- I doubted what the others told me about Jesus’ resurrection until I saw Him myself.
- I was one of the gifts the Magi brought to baby Jesus.
- I was a short tax collector who met Jesus.
- I spent a night in the lions’ den.
- I was Jesus’s mother.
- I was the tower where God confused the languages.
- I was Bathsheba’s first husband and a mighty man.
- I was daughter-in-law to Naomi and great-grandmother of David.
- I was governor of Syria when Jesus was born.
- I was a giant Philistine that David defeated.
- I was a Roman centurion that Peter preached to.
- I was the king that married Esther.
- I am the word that finishes this advice from Ecclesiastes: “remember your Creator in the days of your __________.”
- I was Ruth’s son.
- I am the type of ruler of which Saul was the first for Israel.
- I prayed and God sent fire from heaven on my altar. Baal’s prophets couldn’t do that.
- I saw a bright light when I was traveling to Damascus.
- I was cured of leprosy after washing in the Jordan seven times.
- I prayed to have a baby and God gave me Samuel.
- I was what Moses was trying to get when he hit the rock.
- I was the queen before Esther.
- I am considered by Christians to be the main character of the whole Bible!